This page shows your personal profile and (if your user role has the relevant permissions) your
account settings, company details, data usage, and your license. You can make any changes.
If you are a user in multiple tenants, you can also switch between tenants on this page.
You can change your personal profile:
- Name - change your name. Please note that you can't change your own email
address, as this can only be done in My account - Users.
- Mobile phone - your mobile phone number, including country prefix. This is
used for Two-factor authentication (one of the optional account security settings).
- Dates & numbers - select how you want dates and numbers to be formatted.
This will apply to all reports and screens.
- Notify me on changes - choose if you want to be notified when changes are
made to certain objects.
- Emails - select if you want to receive notification emails from us.
- Tips and suggestions - select if you want to see tips and suggestions
whilst you navigate through XLReporting. Tips are small (i) icons in every screen that show
tips when you hover over them. Suggestions are popup messages that show recommendations
based on your actions.
If your user role has the relevant permissions (you need to have user role Define
account), you can also change the settings for your account:
- Company name and address - enter or edit your company address details.
- Your logo - enter the URL to an image file. This image will be displayed as
the logo. You can copy the address of a web-based image file by right-clicking on the
relevant webpage in your web browser and selecting "Copy image address".
- Account security - select the security settings for your account. Please
read the next paragraph for detailed explanations.
- Script - create a script to define custom functions which you can use in
any expression across all your objects. This option is for advanced use, and only visible if
your user role has the relevant permissions. Read more about scripts.
If your user role has the relevant permissions (user role Define account), you
can also change the settings for your account:
- Enforce strong passwords - if you select this option, users are forced to
choose passwords that are at least 10 characters long, and contain at least 1 uppercase, 1
lowercase, 1 number, and 1 special character. Strong passwords automatically expire after 90
- Enforce 2FA authentication - when enabled, users will be sent a text
message (every time they are logging in) to their mobile phone number with a unique code
which they will need to enter in addition to their password before being granted access.
- Restrict user domains - when enabled, the email address of any new or
changed users has to conform to the domains already currently in use. This enables you to
control and restrict the users that can be set up within your tenant. For example, if
your current users either have "@mycompany.nl" or "@mycompany.com" email addresses, all new
users have to be within either of those 2 domains. Whenever you want to add a domain, you
can temporarily disable this setting, create the new user (with a new domain), and then
enable this setting again.
- Disable published dashboards - by default, dashboards can be published in
"view-only" mode to people who don't have to be registered users within XLReporting (read more). If you don't want your users to be able to
do this, you can disable that feature here for your entire account.
- Disable object scripts - by default, scripts can be created when defining
objects. Scripts are small pieces of program code that can perform automated and repetitive
tasks, but they carry a limited risk. If you don't want your users to be able to do this,
you can disable that feature here for your entire account.
The license section (which is only visible if your user role has the relevant permissions) deals
with your contractual agreement with us and your license to use our services:
- Your current license - this shows your current license subscription and how
much data you are currently using. We apply a "Fair Use" policy, but if you are structurally
exceeding your licensed storage, you need to upgrade your license. Please contact
us for any questions you may have.
- Accept our Service Agreement - we kindly ask you to read our Service
Agreement, and tick this box to indicate that you accept it. The agreement outlines
important things about our obligations as Provider, your rights as Customer, and how we
strive to protect your data.
Please note that you must accept the
agreement before you can fully use your account.
here to read the agreement in full.
- Close your account - we surely hope you'll never need this option, but if
you must, then here it is. Your account will be closed immediately, and your data will be
automatically deleted after 5 days. If you regret your decision, please contact us within 5
- Change license - click on any of the product boxes to upgrade (or
downgrade) your license. You'll be taken through a payment process with our partner Stripe
Inc to process your payment. You can opt for monthly or annual subscriptions.
You can use the Save and Actions buttons in
the right-top of the screen:
These buttons enable you to do the following:
- Save - save your changes
- Actions - open a dropdown menu with further options:
- Change your password - this must be at least 6 characters by default. If strong
passwords are enabled at account level (see above), passwords must be at least
10 characters long, and contain at least 1 uppercase, 1 lowercase, 1 number, and 1
- Show server status - this option shows the current operational status of our servers
in all regions.
- Review activity - this option is only visible if your user role has Define
account permission, and shows all user activity across all objects in your
- Transfer objects - this option is only visible if your user role has Transfer
objects permission, and enables you to export the configuration of your
objects to a file, for re-import at a later point in time, or import into another
- Refresh sandbox - this option is only visible if your user role has Define
account permission AND you are logged into a Sandbox tenant (which is a
separate copy of your live tenant). This option enables you to refresh all
configuration and data in your sandbox tenant based on your live tenant.
- Switch tenant - this option is only visible if you have access to more than one
tenant, and it enables you to switch between those tenants without having to
explicitly login again.