In this article:Types of objects
Create new objects
You can create new objects via two different routes:
- By clicking on Actions - Create new in any existing object. This also
enables you to copy existing objects.
- Via Define - New. This is the default route to create new objects from
Types of objects
Let's take a look again at the overall process within XLReporting:
A tenant in XLReporting consists of the following objects:
- Data sets - configurable objects that store your data (think of them as Excel worksheets, or
database tables, or tabular lists)..
- Imports - configurable objects that ensure data from other systems or files can be
repeatedly and consistently converted and imported into data sets in XLReporting.
- Reports - configurable objects that define how information from your data sets will be combined
and presented into reports and charts.
- Models - configurable objects that combine data queries with spreadsheet-like templates,
enabling you to build advanced reporting and interactive planning models.
- Users - define the users in your team.
- User roles - define user roles and set the
access to all program features, objects, and data in XLReporting.
- Groups - define logical groups to ensure that menus
and selection lists are easy to navigate.
Everything in XLReporting is configurable. This gives you maximum flexibility to
adapt it to your requirements.