This option enables you to run defined reports. After you have a selected a report (and any
selection parameters where applicable), you can view the report.
Reports can have multiple named layouts. If a report has more than 1 layout, the layout names
will be shown horizontally, and you can easily switch between them by clicking on the layout
You can also watch the instruction videos.
- Click on XLReporting in the left-top of the screen to minimize the menu
area and maximize the report area. Clicking again will restore it to the way it was.
- If you experience any issues with scrolling in reports, change your browser settings.
When running a report, you can use the Actions button in the right-top of the
This button opens a dropdown menu with further options:
- Change layout
- Add to dashboard
- Export data or print
- Redefine this report
It is very easy to edit a report layout, simply by dragging fields across the various areas of a
report. Click on Actions - Change layout to edit the current report layout:
This window enables you to change the report options and the fields
You can also watch the instruction video.
These are settings that determine the overall appearance of the report layout:
- Layout type - standard, drilldown, sparklines, chart, treemap, organogram
- Chart type - column, bar, line, pie, donut, area, radar, scatter, geo
chart, gauge, bullet, scorecard, timeline
- Column totals - sum, average, variance, variance (-), or none
- Report totals - sum, average, result, result (-), or none
- Sort by - sort either on the descriptions in the row fields (if you select
multiple Row fields, these will all be included in the sort operation), or
on the values in the report
- Footer text - you can optionally provide a text for the report totals. For
example, instead of the default "Totals" you might want to call it "Net result"
- Zones and scale - only for KPI charts, you can optionally enter 3 zones, mininum, maximum, and goal value, separated by
- Style - for charts, you can choose with or without gridlines
You can choose from over 30 different layout types.
You can manually drag-and-drop any of the available fields into any of the report areas, and if
you no longer want a field in your report, you can simply drag it out again.
- Fields - this shows all fields that are available within this report.
- Filters - drag fields here that you want to use as dynamic filters. They
will be shown above the report with automatic lists of values. Whenever you select a
different filter value, the report will be immediately updated to reflect this.
- Rows - drag fields here that you want to lay out into rows. This is the
main dimension of your report. You can create a grouping in your report by dragging multiple
fields here, and move them into the desired order. For the standard layout type, you can
also indicate where you want subtotals.
- Columns - drag fields here that you want to lay out into columns. Usually,
these are fields that contain a period, date, or time. By including one or more fields into
columns, you can create two-dimensional reports.
- Values - drag fields here that you want to summarize on. Usually, these are
number or amount fields. Once you have dragged a field here, you can click on it to select
the color and the type of operation.
You can choose from these operations:
All operations are automatically calculated for all subtotal levels in the report.
- Sum - the sum of all values (non-numeric values are ignored).
- Average - the average of all values (non-numeric values are
- Count - the number of values that are not blank (values can be
numeric or text).
- % of total - the % that each value makes up of the report total
(non-numeric values are ignored). The report total is always 100%.
- Minimum - the smallest value (values can be numeric or text).
- Maximum - the largest value (values can be numeric or text).
You can also watch the instruction video.
Add to dashboard
A dashboard is a personal page with your own favorite reports and models. You can create multiple
dashboards, and each dashboard can contain multiple reports or models.
Click on Actions - Add to dashboard to add this report to either a new
dashboard, or to a new dashboard: