In this article:Index
| Step 1
| Step 2
| Step 3
Get started with your account
When you sign up, your account already contains a number of predefined reports and data. It shows
example financial data of a fictitious coffee company (we really like coffee ..) based in
several countries around the world.
Let us take you on a quick tour:
➊View the reports
Click on My data - Run reports to take a look at some standard reports that
demonstrate different features:
- Trial balance - showing the consolidated trial balance, typically used to
check imported data. All layouts are using standard reports.
- Profit & Loss - showing the consolidated Profit & Loss statement, both
actual and planned. It uses calculated fields and shows standard reports as well as
- Profit & Loss - showing the the consolidated Profit & Loss statement, as
per EBITDA and EBIT, both actual and planned. The EBIT coding is derived from the Chart of
- Profit & Loss PER/YTD - showing the consolidated Profit & Loss statement,
for the selected period, Year-To-Date, and Full Year. It requests the user to select a
financial period, which drives the logic of period-discrete and year-to-date reporting.
- Revenue analysis - showing various types of revenue analysis using charts.
➋Edit your structure
Click on My data - Edit data to enter the information about your own company
structure, such as:
- Companies - the list of companies.
- Business units - the list of business units or cost centers (this is
- Chart of Accounts - your Chart of Accounts. You can also import this from a
file, which is easier than typing it in manually.
- Periods - the list of financial periods. We recommend that you use the
YYYY-MM notation, so that you can take advantage of built-in functionality.
➌Import your data
Click on My data - Import data to import your own data using our Excel
- Chart of Accounts - import your own Chart of Accounts.
- Monthly Actuals - import your own monthly financial data.
- Annual Budget - import your own annual budget data.
★All done !
You have finished the tour, and imported your own data. Well done!
If you need to, you can amend the reports and structure to your needs at any point in time.